Tuesday 15 October 2013

Fatalism, Determinism and predestination with examples: For this I am going to use the choice I made to do R.S A level to show the differences: 

A fatalistic approach to me 'choosing' to take R.S A level would be that I had no freedom in doing so, but that every single action I had made before taking it was out of my control. 

A deterministic approach to me taking this A level would be that I would eventually take the A level but that my path to doing so could take many different routes but I would always end up taking the A level, it is based around the idea of a casual nexus (a web of different actions leading to the ultimate action-taking R.S) 

A predestined approach would be that an ultimate being (God) has chosen for me to take R.S A level and therefore I am taking it. 





1 comment: